FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Aquaclean technology is a revolutionary fabric treatment that allows you to clean stains using water only. This provides you with simple fabric maintenance in the minimum amount of time.
1. WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AQUACLEAN AND OTHER LIQUID REPELLENTS ON THE MARKET?
Liquid repellents block the entry of water or liquids for a few minutes and stop being effective when the water actually penetrates the fabric. Aquaclean Technology®, in addition to acting as a liquid repellent, works as a cleaning facilitator and enables stains to be transferred from the fabric to the water more easily, simplifying the cleaning process.
2. WHAT ADVANTAGES DOES AQUACLEAN TECHNOLOGY® OFFER COMPARED TO TRADITIONAL LIQUID REPELLENTS?
Liquid repellents are effective as long as the stain is on the surface and has not penetrated the fabric. Aquaclean continues to act even when the stain has penetrated the fabric and helps to remove it more easily.
3. CAN I ADD AQUACLEAN TECHNOLOGY® TO MY SOFA?
No, that is not possible at present. You need upholstery that already includes Aquaclean, as this treatment has to be applied during the industrial manufacturing process and bearing in mind the development process of the textile product itself.
4. IS AQUACLEAN A CLEAN AND ECO-FRIENDLY PRODUCT?
Fabrics with Aquaclean Technology® have been certified with the Made in Green® registered trademark, which guarantees the absence of harmful substances in fabrics and that the manufacturing process does respect the environment.
5. CAN I USE VINEGAR TO CLEAN MY SOFA?
Traditionally, people use the vinegar trick to prevent lime stains, enhance colours and make the fabric softer. Vinegar does not affect the Aquaclean treatment, but in any case most fabric softeners already contain anti-lime agents and an agreeable smell.
6. CAN I WASH CUSHIONS IN MY WASHING MACHINE?
Aquaclean can be washed in a washing machine, but check the product label in any case because different textiles require specific types of washing as regards temperature, ironing, etc.
7. WHERE CAN I BUY A FEW METRES OF FABRIC INCORPORATING AQUACLEAN TECHNOLOGY?
Go to your nearest furniture store and ask for fabric using Aquaclean. There is also a store finder on this web which you can use.
8. HOW CAN I CONTACT YOU?
You can contact us using the “Contact” section of this website.
9. I'VE SEEN THAT WHEN THE FABRIC IS WET, LIQUIDS SEEM TO PENETRATE MORE EASILY INTO THE FABRIC. IS THIS TRUE?
This is a physical effect that has to do with the surface tension of the liquid. It does not affect Aquaclean Technology® in any way, because it maintains its properties as a cleaning aid whether the fabric is wet or dry.
10. IS IT STILL EFFECTIVE IF THE STAIN HAS BEEN ON THE FABRIC FOR VARIOUS DAYS?
Aquaclean Technology® is just as effective however long the stain has been on the fabric.
11. I TRIED TO CLEAN THE FABRIC USING WATER ONLY, BUT THE STAIN DOESN'T GO AWAY COMPLETELY. WHAT SHALL I DO?
Aquaclean Technology® is a cleaning facilitator, meaning most stains do come off using water only. If this is not the case, you can add a little neutral soap to the water and this will help to get the stain off.
12. CAN I USE ALCOHOL TO CLEAN STAINS?
Aquaclean does not recommend alcohol or any other kind of solvent for cleaning textile fabrics. Alcohol and other solvents degrade the fibres and other components and negatively affect the useful life of upholstered furniture.
13. HOW DOES AQUACLEAN HELP TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF MY SOFA?
As long as you can clean stains locally thanks to Aquaclean and you don't need to wash your slipcovers in the washing machine, you will be extending the life of your sofa fabric.
14. WHAT KIND OF STAINS CAN I REMOVE WITH AQUACLEAN?
At present, we haven't found any kind of household stain that resists Aquaclean! Sauces, shoe polish, hot or cold liquids, fizzy drinks, cakes... whatever. Aquaclean has passed all laboratory tests with flying colours, even when faced with tough stains like permanent marker pens. Although it is true that in the toughest cases you may need to use a little soap diluted in water, or rub the stain with a bar of hand soap before cleaning with water.
15. IS THERE A STORE NEAR ME SELLING UPHOLSTERY WITH AQUACLEAN TECHNOLOGY?
Maybe. If you can't find Aquaclean fabrics at your local furniture store you can use our Store Finder to search for one.
16. ARE YOU STILL MAKING OTHER FABRICS?
The fabrics we continue to make are all in our catalogue and on our website. If you can't find a given fabric there, that's because it has been discontinued and we no longer make it. Even so, you can still contact your furniture store and ask whether they still have it in stock.
17. HOW CAN I CLEAN ANY KIND OF STAIN OFF MY SOFA FARBIC?
Sofas always seem to get stained, especially if there are children or pets in the house. But for worry-free cleaning, we want to present you to our STAIN GALLERY, an area with demo videos showing how you can clean off all kinds of stains, from wine to ink, including blood, milk or soft drinks. These videos will help you to deal with any kind of normal, everyday stain, as long as your sofa fabric has been treated with our innovative Aquaclean® Technology.